Sunday, March 20, 2011

Crank by Ellen Hopkins

I picked this book up on a whim, because it looked different. The book is wrriten in free verse which I wasn't even sure if I would like, but thought I would give it a try. This is a story of a young girl who becomes addicted to crystal meth. The story is semi-based on the author, Ellen Hopkins, own daughter. It is impossible to put down once you pick it up! You forget that you are reading "free verse" after the first few chapters and get lost in the story of the "good girl" Kristina, who transforms into "bad girl" Bree. Before you let your preteen read this book though, remember that its about a girl who becomes addicted to meth!

(I really apologize that this is such a poorly written review... I'm trying to come back to this after almost a year off... and I can't remember how to write!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment