Saturday, May 22, 2010

Konigsburg, E. L. (1967). From the Mixed up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler. Fairfield, PA: Atheneum.

Claudia decides that she has had enough! Her parents overwork her, do not appreciate her, and definitely do not give her a big enough allowance. She is running away. She decided the place: the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Her companion?: Her brother Jamie. They run away to the Museum, hide in the bathroom during closing, and sleep in the exhibits! During their stay, they become fascinated with an exhibit that may or may not have been sculpted by Michelangelo. I decided to read this book, because I read it as a child. When I originally read this book, I thought it was a delightful book and I got lost in my own imagination after reading the story. However, with adult eyes, all I could think about, was how much this could never really happen. I had such high expectations, that it ruined my second reading of the book. This story won a Newberry Award in 1967.

Recommended ***

No comments:

Post a Comment