Saturday, May 22, 2010

Patterson, J. (2009). Maximum ride: The manga. New York : Yen Press.

I found this book at the library, and couldn’t say no. I had just read James Patterson novel version of this very book, and was very curious to see how it came out as a graphic novel. I have to say that I was a bit disappointed; the text is lacking parts of the plot that I thought were pertinent to the plot. However, if I had not read the novel beforehand, I am sure that I would have been able to read the story. I know that there are many children who get excited about graphic novels, and perhaps this would be a way to bridge a gap for some reluctant readers. If you can get a student to read the graphic novel, perhaps they would be willing to pick up the novel? Maybe then they would read the rest of the Maximum Ride series? It’s definitely worth checking out.

Recommended ***

No comments:

Post a Comment